Yacht Master Coastal Training
The HOSA by Atlas Marine Ltd. Worldwide Yacht Master Coastal certificate is a recreational certificate of competency for command of sailing vessels up to 24 metres in length up to 60 nm offshore. It is a comprehensive live aboard course consisting of six days for sail, which includes the practical on water examination.
It has come to our attention that it has not been made perfectly clear to all HOSA by Atlas Marine Ltd. Worldwide yacht master candidates that this certification is for recreational use only and may never be upgraded to a professional certificate. Therefore, we require all candidates taking a recreational HOSA by Atlas Marine Ltd. Worldwide Yacht Master Coastal, Offshore or Ocean course to complete an acknowledgement prior to taking the course.
- International collision regulations
- Navigational charts and publications
- Dead reckoning and estimated position
- Position fixing
- Tides and currents
- Safety at sea
- Boat handling
- Passage planning
- Command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres
- In coastal waters up to 60 miles offshore
- In moderate wind and sea conditions
- Not for commercial use
Note: Yacht Master Coastal is a recreational course that can be taught in Greek, English, Russian and Turkish languages BUT cannot be upgraded to the professional Master of Yachts certificate.
What are the minimum entry requirements to apply for the HOSA by Atlas Marine Ltd. Yacht Master Coastal course?
- 30 days and 800 miles at sea including 2 days as watch leader/skipper
- 12 hours underway on watch at night
- Minimum sea time must have been met prior to the final examination